Femininity: to be or not to be … the truth about being feminine:




The beauty of femininity



Hello everyone I hope you are all having a wonderful day today.
This is my first post and I’m so excited and nervous at the same time!! But enough with that, now what I want to talk about today is the idea of femininity. Why has our perception of being feminine changed and the most important question: Is it BAD to be feminine?
Some women will tell you: “yes, it is. Femininity equals weakness and you shouldn’t let yourself be vulnerable like that. It’s a cruel world out there.” and they may have very GOOD reasons for saying that, maybe they were abused in the past or attacked or some other form of horrible experience which pushed them to build a wall in order to protect themselves, or maybe that’s just the way they were raised to think because they were always told as a child not to be that way, or given the wrong role models representing the “feminine” so their natural femininity was conditioned out of them… and whatever their reasons may be I understand where they’re coming from but I have to disagree with them…
See my answer to the above question is ABSOLUTELY NOT!! It’s only natural and healthy for a woman to be feminine. Now let me clarify something I think most women are truly feminine at their core, and that many of them ( sadly ) reject their femininity which breaks my heart because I think it’s absolutely crazy for someone to just reject such a big part of themselves!!  
Historically, women took pride in their femininity and they all strived to be their most feminine self, so what has changed in our day and age that has made SO many women reject their feminine essence? Here’s what I think:
After the women’s liberation movement, women have gained access to rights they never before had, and now they were no longer “the weaker sex” and they started to take on many other “non-traditional” roles in society that required them to be more masculine… Now don’t get me wrong I’m all for women’s rights and I think any one male or female should have the right to do whatever they want with their life but you see some women couldn’t tell the difference between strength and masculinity. They mixed the idea of being EQUAL to a man with the idea of BEING a man.
Men and women are equal but DIFFERENT… A woman will always be a woman with her strengths and weaknesses, and a man will always be a man with his strengths and weaknesses. So instead of rejecting that difference we should embrace it because the two genders complete each other. They are two sides of the same coin and one cannot function without the other. So let us reflect on this situation for a moment: if a woman truly believes she is equal to a man in every way [or even superior as some feminists would say ] , wouldn’t her emulation of men and her attempts at being one of them be a contradiction because that’s just her indirectly saying “ men are better and that’s why I want to be like them” ??
Well, I don’t want this to be a long post and this is such a broad topic that I cannot possibly cover all the bases with one post only so I will DEFINITELY be continuing this topic in future posts.
So tell me what do you all think? What are your thoughts on this topic? I’d LOVE to hear your feedback in the comments 
Hope you enjoyed this post and I’ll talk to you soon…
Lots of love,
Rue

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share the love and comment... Thanks for the feedback!! :D :D

 
Rock and Lace © 2012 | Designed by Rumah Dijual, in collaboration with Buy Dofollow Links! =) , Lastminutes and Ambien Side Effects