The best and worst lip balms

Hello everyone, I hope you are all having an amazing day...
First off I'd like to start by telling you my "lip story". My lips are very dry and very chapped, and to top things off I have a bad habit of biting and peeling my lips (gross, I know) which makes me end up with even worse chapping and dryness. So as you can imagine, I am someone who really needs lip balm, and so my quest for the perfect lip balm began. I've tried lots of brands, and so far here's my verdict on each one of them. Disclaimer: All these lip balms are drugstore brands.
So without further a due, here are the contestants..

Lip balm #1: Chapstick

When your lips need moisture, you sort of gravitate towards this tried and true classic right? Wrong!
The only thing it did was cover my lips. It did not moisturize nor did it help with healing my chapped lips at all. In addition, it made my lips form this layer of white dead cells that gave them this "dead zombie" look. How fashionable...
The verdict : Guilty of killing my lips






Lip balm #2: Burt's bees lip balm

Now this guy was highly recommended by a Youtube beauty guru, so I went out and got it. I got the one with pomegranate oil. The first week I started using it things were going fine, but then something strange started happening. Every time I put on this lip balm my lips got drier than before. I ignored it and kept on using the lip balm thinking it was only my imagination but well, long story short, a month later the lip balm was in the trash...
Verdict: I'm not mad...I'm just disappointed








Lip balm #3: eos lip balm:


Yet another hyped up product that is recommended by beauty gurus. I finally gave in and got one of these balls about a month ago, and I was pleasantly surprised. It's not the magic product some people claim it is but it does moisturize decently and works better as a maintenance lip balm instead of a healing one. I will definitely be purchasing it again.
Verdict: Me likey

Lip balm #5: Vaseline lip therapy:


I tried both the regular, cherry and just plain old Vaseline. The plain old Vaseline was the best for healing , moisturizing and maintaining my lips.  It also works wonders when applying after exfoliating the lips.A total thumbs up! I would steer clear of the cherry lip balm though because it actually dried up my lips, yikes!
The verdict: Vaseline is highly recommended, just use the regular not cherry.


Lip balm #6: Nivea kiss of moisture lip balm:

This lip balm didn't fix anything, but it didn't make things worse either. It can be used for its spf though.
The verdict: meh











Lip balm #7: The body shop vitamin E lip balm:

One of my favourite lip balms of all time. It moisturizes, aids healing, maintains moisture and has spf. This is seriously my go-to lip balm that I always have in my bag. I love this lip balm. period.
The verdict: 100% ah-mazing.











Lip balm #8: Maybelline baby lips:

A decent lip balm, great for moisturizing lips in their better days but not exactly heavy duty. Great colors. I like..
The verdict: good








Lip balm #9: L'oreal colour riche balm:

Nice colours, good creamy formula that gives decent moisture. I think this is primarily a moisturizing lip colour not a heavy duty "lip balm" . I still like it, it's useful or people like me with dry lips because it doesn't sacrifice moisture for a good lip color. Similar to the Maybelline baby lips.
The verdict: I like it









Lip balm #10: Smith's rosebud salve:

I saved the best for last. This is my favourite night time lip balm. It's highly moisturizing, healing, maintains lips soft and smells amazing. What's not to love? I use this on my lips everyday and it has worked very well for me. I also recommend exfoliating the lips then applying this balm after. You're welcome
The verdict: I adore!


I hope you enjoyed this post and that it was helpful. Let me know what you think in the comments and if you have any suggestions for good lip balms I should try let me know because I'm always on the hunt.

Love you guys,
Rue

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share the love and comment... Thanks for the feedback!! :D :D

 
Rock and Lace © 2012 | Designed by Rumah Dijual, in collaboration with Buy Dofollow Links! =) , Lastminutes and Ambien Side Effects