Introducing Vintage 40's week

Hi everyone I hope you are all doing well...
So first of all let me apologize for my disappearance the last couple of days but I have been cooking up something exciting for you guys and I wanted it to be the best quality
Initially this was going to be one article but then I thought It's not enough.. so I've decided this week will be
      Vintage 40's week




Let me start by telling you one of the things that you guys don't know about me which is that I absolutely ADORE vintage fashion and vintage makeup, skincare.. etc. I think back then looking good was much simpler and realistic (see: No plastic surgery or duck faces) and actually I think these women looked BETTER than a lot of women today because back then, looking good was not about being "a hot mama" or looking like barbie, it actually came to women naturally as a way to express self-respect, meaning they respect themselves enough to actually take the time to groom and take care of themselves, and it was also a form of common courtesy or politeness because no one wants to see you with a bird's nest of greasy hair and your clown striped pajama pants.
And for these reasons, they stuck to the basics, meaning they did not apply 500 pounds of makeup on their faces or paint on a new face like some women do today yet they managed to balance simplicity with glamour ALL while having amazing skin (correct me if I'm wrong but our grandmothers had incredible soft skin)



What inspired me to do this "event" was that the other day I was hanging out with a friend of mine and we were watching the movie "Captain America", which by the way is a great movie, I highly recommend you watch it.
And as I was watching the movie, two things impressed me the most:

1) Captain America himself *wink*

Run captain, run!!

2) Peggy Carter's makeup

Chapeau to her makeup artist

and I was inspired by this movie to incorporate 40's inspired looks in my day-to-day wardrobe and I thought I might share some tips and tricks with you so you can get that vintage 1940's vibe in your looks without looking dated or costume-y.

So I did some digging and I gathered some tips and tricks and authentic 1940's style, makeup and skincare guides which I am very excited to be sharing with you over the next week so you can have an all-round peek into what it was like to be a 1940's gal...

So tomorrow I will be giving you a brief look at the 1940's and how life was like back then and what is was like to be a girl in that era so stay tuned and I hope you will enjoy it
See you tomorrow...


Rue







0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share the love and comment... Thanks for the feedback!! :D :D

 
Rock and Lace © 2012 | Designed by Rumah Dijual, in collaboration with Buy Dofollow Links! =) , Lastminutes and Ambien Side Effects