Why you should be more selfish

Hello my chocolate and sprinkle covered cupcakes!! (yum.)
I hope you are all doing amazing today and I am in such a good mood and sooo excited for launching the transformed Roses and Lace: ROCK AND LACE !! yaaaaay!! *applause*
[ For those of you who are first time visitors, Rock and Lace was previously called "Roses and Lace" but I decided it needed a makeover]

So anyways, Today I wanted to talk to you about something that I totally believe in but not many people understand, and that is the fact that sometimes a person needs to be more selfish...

Love yourself !!


Now before you go all up in arms about how I'm being a bad influence and giving you horrible advice hear me out for a second. First of all, I do realize that there are a LOT of jerks out there in the world who care only about themselves and would sell their own mothers for a pocket-full of change....But that's NOT the type of selfish I am talking about (God Forbid!)
What I AM talking about is taking care of yourself !! A lot of women completely forget about this and they end up running on steam because they are so tired and run down because they never take a break. Some of you might be thinking : "But I DO take care of myself " while thinking about their makeup and skincare routines but that's NOT what I'm talking about (although they do play a major part when done correctly, I'll explain what I mean after a bit) I am talking about nourishing your mind, body and soul. And connecting with yourself and your inner core. It's not about vanity it's more about taking a break and recharging...
In our fast-paced, competitive dog-eat-dog world, SO many women go about their lives worrying about their jobs, friends, family, kids, husbands/boyfriends, commitments, goals...etc. but they forget the most important thing that is actually at the center of their lives and that is themselves.
Now is the part where you tell me: " But isn't being selfless a GOOD thing, wasn't that what our parents raised us to believe and encouraged us to be so all the time? "   ..... Well, here's my answer: Being selfless is one of the greatest and rarest virtues and SHOULD be encouraged ( confused yet? )  BUT have you ever heard of the phrase : "Too much of a good thing is a bad thing" ??
This is what I'm talking about... I'm talking about being selfless to the point of being just... less
It's a mistake that many women (especially mothers) tend to make, thinking that if they even consider putting themselves first that would make them a bad person. But you see that is not the case and I'll prove it to you... Let me ask you a question: If you are so run down all the time from work, house work, kids, studying, deadlines,,etc etc. and you NEVER take time to yourself to just recharge, you're gonna be either grouchy, over emotional, bitter, sleepy or all the above right? Now tell me HOW IN THE WORLD do you expect this miserable, grouchy person to be a good listener if her friend needs to talk, or to be playful and fun with her boyfriend/husband, or to make her kids feel loved or, or, or, the list can go on forever...
and second of all, Do you honestly think that someone who truly loves you would be happy to see you miserable like that? OF COURSE NOT!!

So you see, you CANNOT give what you don't have, love yourself so you can love others. Give yourself so you can give others and just relax...

Free yourself

I want you start today, think about something that you TRULY enjoy and that makes YOU happy, it could be reading, a hobby, swimming, going to a spa treatment or just chilling in front of the TV and make a fixed time for that activity.. Do it alone and forget about everything. You will see how refreshed and energized you will be afterwards, and your loved ones will notice. You will be fully charged and ready to take on the world, besides, It's always going to give you something to look forward to doing no matter how bad things get...

I hope you all enjoyed this article... share the love and comment! :D Tell me your thoughts about the subject

lots of love
xoxo

Rue

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share the love and comment... Thanks for the feedback!! :D :D

 
Rock and Lace © 2012 | Designed by Rumah Dijual, in collaboration with Buy Dofollow Links! =) , Lastminutes and Ambien Side Effects