Vintage 40's week: Day 4: Skincare

We all have to admit the ladies of the 40s had amazing skin and it's probably due to the fact that they knew how to take care of their skin while at the same time not over doing it, so here's a simple authentic guide on 1940's skincare basics...


                         


So as you see, back then skincare was pretty simple and I'll tell you something else.. IT WORKED!
They did not have the need for 500 overpriced products and gadgets to have good skin, all they had was common sense and cold cream! Now I would like to take the liberty to gush about the awesomeness of cold cream... Did you know that Ponds cold cream still exists today? Actually it's what I use to take off my makeup and It. is. amazing.. It's very gentle and thoroughly cleansing and does NOT make me break out ( I have combination/oily skin btw ) although if you have the same skin type as me it's more beneficial in the winter time than summer, I usually switch to a lighter formula then.
So here's what it looks like:


So give it a try, you will not be disappointed..
So anyways back on topic [ I will be doing a full review on cold cream later on] as I was saying these girls kept things pretty simple, something that a LOT of girls nowadays need to take a hint from. And another thing that contributed to giving these women amazing skin was the fact that they did not tan, you see back then pale skin was very much "in" and so women were not obsessed with beaches, tanning beds, bronzers and the like, so they spent a lot of time away from the sun in order to maintain their pale complexions therefore less sun damage and less wrinkles, spots, oranginess, etc.

Bottom line: Keep it simple ladies! 
I hope this was somewhat useful and entertaining and next time we will be talking about 1940's makeup
( if you have any questions/special requests plz let me know)

Bye

Rue
 

3 comments:

Danavee said...

The blog got a new look!!!!!!!!!!! I like it!!! And I responded to your comment on my blog! :)

Rue said...

I'm glad you like it :D thnx for the support!

Danavee said...

About ebay...........I look at the seller's feedback score. If it's good (and they have a lot) then I usually feel pretty safe buying from them. And looking at their photos of the item helps.

Post a Comment

Share the love and comment... Thanks for the feedback!! :D :D

 
Rock and Lace © 2012 | Designed by Rumah Dijual, in collaboration with Buy Dofollow Links! =) , Lastminutes and Ambien Side Effects