My first mini achievement of 2013: Pasta Alfredo

Hello everyone I hope you having a great day today.
So far 2013 has been good to me and as a New year's resolution I decided to try new things I haven't tried before. So where better place to start than cooking? Of course, I am notorious for burning anything and everything that I set off to cook, even soup! ( don't ask ). So it was quite the challenge for me to find something I can cook without burning it, or myself, or my cat. Anyways, like every average Joe out there I started my quest for easy recipes on none other than Google search, which ended with naught! All the so-called "easy" recipes were either too hard or the required ingredients were too hard to get for me. So I started getting discouraged, but then I remembered a Youtube channel a friend of mine recommended a couple of months earlier so I said to myself what do I have to lose? So I searched for this chef and watched a couple of her videos and her pasta Alfredo was delightfully easy AND the ingredients were easy to get a hold of! Jackpot!! So I went to my kitchen and I made and attempt to make pasta Alfredo. The results?
Drum roll please......

   

Tadaaa!!! My first ever non-crappy edible dish. I was so proud of myself when I made this I actually did a mini embarrassing victory dance. Of course, being a rebel I did not stick to the recipe and I made my own adjustments which I will mention after you see the actual recipe...



Ok so here are my adjustments:
  • I didn't exactly use powdered garlic and onion, instead I used one garlic clove veery thinly cut and it was just as good. I did make it another time using the powders and it tastes great both ways.
  • I didn't use heavy cream, instead I put one tbsp of flour and one mug (yes that's a measurement.. because I said so) of full cream milk. Hey, it gives the same result!
  • I added other types of cheese next to the Parmesan cheese. Well, it wasn't cheesy enough for me so I had to improvise.
So I hope you guys try out this recipe and let me know how it turned out..
I will talk to you soon 
xoxo
Rue

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share the love and comment... Thanks for the feedback!! :D :D

 
Rock and Lace © 2012 | Designed by Rumah Dijual, in collaboration with Buy Dofollow Links! =) , Lastminutes and Ambien Side Effects