Happy new year and resolution





Happy new year everyone!! *confetti and whistles*
Ok I do realize this is a little very late, but better late than never right? Things have been kinda crazy lately. 2014 ended with a bang (not the good kind though), and I am entering 2015 all busted up with battle wounds. But, no worries, this too shall pass just like everything else does. Last year , I decided to do something new with my new year's resolutions. I noticed how every year I have this long list of things I wanna do, which I end up only sticking to for the first 2 weeks of January (if I'm lucky) then dropping like a bag of hot potatoes. Sound familiar?

So last year i decided I wanted to actually stick to my resolution and stop being a lazy bum, so I thought: baby steps; I made ONE simple resolution and decided I would dedicate my year to this one concept in its many forms. That way I didn't feel pressured to do so many things and end up giving up completely (yes, human brains are inherently stupid and sometimes you need to trick them to get them to do things). My resolution for 2014 was spreading happiness. That's it. Plain and simple. Now, that may seem like an abstract idea, but trust me when you really commit, you will find yourself thinking up new ways to stick to that one concept, and succeeding at doing them. I am happy to say I have tried this method last year and for the first time ever I can confidently say: I stuck to my New year's resolution till the very last day.
Whether it was a grandiose gesture or a simple good morning text, I found it got easier to spread happiness among my loved ones as I gained experience with time. By the end of the year, that mindset spread to strangers, and I feel I am a better person and will be continuing with this mindset. But that's enough narcissistic rambling for now......
This year I have a new resolution, and I would like to share it with the world because I think many people may relate to my situation. My resolution for 2015 is... *drum roll*
                                                                Mastery
Woohoo!! *lame dance*
Ok, what do I mean by mastery? Well, over my long 22 years of life, I have picked up many skills which, unfortunately, I have dropped uncompleted (please tell me I'm not the only one) . Whether it's those piano lessons you never completed because your teacher was creepy, or that second language you took in high school but were too much of a lazy bum to actually attempt fluency....the list goes on. I decided to re-open all my old cases of unmastered skills this year and master the living hell out of them. Okay, that was way too enthusiastic, let's try that again: This year I will attempt to master the bigger part of old unmastered skills.
So that's it! 2014 was the year of spreading happiness, and 2015 shall be the year of mastery.
I highly encourage everyone to take on a concept this year. Trust me, you will not regret it. And hey, it's an entire year to do one thing, absolutely pressure free.
I hope you enjoyed today's ramble and I will talk to you soon (and hopefully more often)

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the photos in this post.


Love,
Rue

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share the love and comment... Thanks for the feedback!! :D :D

 
Rock and Lace © 2012 | Designed by Rumah Dijual, in collaboration with Buy Dofollow Links! =) , Lastminutes and Ambien Side Effects